On the Issues
COVID-19 impacted everyone, from small business owners to everyday workers. We must bolster our local economy to ensure everyone can pursue the lives they deserve.
- Invest in our communities by innovating rather than giving millionaires and billionaires a tax cut
- Support small businesses owners and encourage state funding for local vendors
- Lower healthcare costs and expand Medicaid in Florida
- Improve affordable housing and protect the use of Sadowsky Funds
Miami-Dade is ground zero for the effects of sea-level rise. Our children’s futures depend on taking action now.
- Support renewable energy solutions for the Sunshine State
- Invest in climate-friendly infrastructure to protect our community from sea level rise and erosion
- Protect the Everglades, Biscayne Bay, our coastal waters, and our natural resources
- Promote environmentally friendly development practices
Our future depends on creating opportunities for our children so they can help lead a better world.
- Increase funding for public schools, including infrastructure, resources, and support staff
- Boost teacher pay to attract top talent to our state and reward teachers for their hard work
- Reduce the cost of higher education in our public college system
- Improve accessibility to mental health resources for students
Too often, the scales are tipped against the needs of impacted communities. We need to ensure we are promoting equality & equity in every policy we create.
- Reform our criminal justice system and prevent racial targeting
- Address the gender pay gap and protect reproductive rights
- Protect LGBTQ+ rights and prevent discrimination
- Support people with disabilities and promote accessibility
We need to make a government that works for the people, not the rich and powerful. Let’s bring transparency to the Florida Senate to ensure our legislature focuses on real people, not special interests.
- Hold the Executive Branch accountable when the Governor turns to hyper-partisanship
- Protect voting rights and ensure no one is disenfranchised
- Reduce wasteful government spending
- Support anti-corruption measures and improve the reach of transparency watchdogs